Letter to my Best Friend

Dear Best Friend(s),
                   

I love you, Evil Twin!!!!


 You and I have been friends for so long; as long as I can remember. Every big moment in my life, you were in it. Every boyfriend, lost boyfriend, lost friendship, every tear cried, everything. Sounds clich'e, but it seems like everything before our friendship was a blur. Not only have you been my friend, but you have been my sister. There were times that I seriously don't know I would have made it without you. You have talked me out of some of the STUPIDEST stuff, and helped me through some of the worst times of my life. I don't know how many times you told me you would help kill a man who hurt me/ broke my heart/ etc. Do you remember all of the pizza and horror movie nights? All the days we would spend at your house? All of the days we would spend at the bookstore, the mall, the pretzel place, the movies? The nasty spaghetti concoction we came up with? I do. I know it sounds like just your typical friendship, but we have anything but an ordinary friendship. You would kill for me, and I would kill for you. For a while, you and I even stopped being friends, and I can tell you this. It was miserable. Since then, it seems like our friendship has come out for the better. I know I haven't been the best friend lately. I know we don't get to hang out as much or talk to each other as much since I became a mom. I know we don't get to hang out as much anymore, without a little one tagging along and needing his diaper changed/ his milkies refilled/ screaming/ crying for my attention. I'm sorry I can't be the world's best friend, because I am busy trying to take on the world and be the best mommy I can be. I just wanted you to know, that even though we only talk maybe once a month or so, I friggen love you. You have seen more sides of me than anyone has, and even though our days together are less and I have to cancel sometimes, you will ALWAYS be my best friend. Just because I had a baby doesn't 100% change things; just gives you another nephew to love and adore, like your own. And one day when he is all grown up and you have kids of your own all grown up, we can sit together in the nursing home and give the CNA's heck, as we talk about all of the trouble we got into together when we were younger. Because through it all, we will always have each other.


We don't have a picture together, but I love you Miss Pikachu


Love,
    your best friend Heaven

Comments

Popular posts from this blog