My dreams are enough

I have had so many people in my life ask me what I want to be ; I of course, wanted to be a lot of things; a chef, a pastry chef, a dancer, a CNA, an artist, a writer, an elephant caretaker, etc etc. Of course, as time went on, and after I graduated and time got closer to college and having to figure out what I wanted to go into, I could never answer anyone. I didn't know what I wanted to do with my life. I didn't know what I wanted to be. I knew absolutely nothing about where I was going in life or what God had in store for me. For most of the time as I was growing up in high school, I watched my sisters and other people's kids. I knew how important it was to people to have a cheap, or free, babysitter in this sad economy. I liked watching kids. I liked being able to watch them grow up and get soooooo big. :-) 



As the years passed and passed and I prayed and prayed, a light shone down on me. I finally understood what I wanted to be in life. Looking at my sisters grow up, watching my cousins birth, 


holding babies and changing their diapers, watching friend's kids. I knew in my heart that I wanted more than ANYTHING in the world to be a wife and a mother. And a darn good one. Sadly, I don't get the chance to tell people that. Every time someone asks me what I want to do with my life...I can't seem to tell them that all I want is to be a wife and mother. This day in age, people seem to think that women need to be MORE. They need to have bigger dreams and bigger things to reach for. Why can't my dreams be enough? 



    
I can honestly say that I am the luckiest woman in the world to be able to fulfill my dreams. I have an amazing husband, and a little sweet pea on the way. 
The first time I heard its heart beat, I couldn't stop crying. I was so happy and in love. SO in love. It is so unbelievable how something so little..someone I haven't met yet, has such a huge spot in my heart already.
Every time I hear that little heart beat....I can't help think to myself. Why can't this be enough? Why are my dreams not enough? But now I know. They ARE enough. They are good enough as everyone else's. I don't need to have a degree to know that. Yes, if we need the money, I can work...but I can still be a good wife and mother. God has blessed me, and I am SO grateful. I don't need a degree to see that.  <3



Comments

Popular posts from this blog